1 Zg Mg〈=pl
* Tiberius, under order of Augustus, quells revolts in Germania (1– 5).
* Gaius Caesar and Lucius Aemilius Paullus are appointed consuls.
* Gaius Caesar marries Livilla, daughter of Antonia Minor and Nero Claudius Drusus, in an effort to gain prestige.
* Quirinius becomes a chief advisor to Gaius in Armenia. Gnaeus Domitius Ahenobarbus, whose father Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus had served as consul in 16 BCE, also serves in the Armenia campaigns.
* Areius Paianeius becomes Archon of Athens.
* The '' Yuanshi'' era of the Chinese Han dynasty begins.
* Confucius is given his first royal title ( posthumous name) of Lord Baochengxun Ni.
* Emperor Ping of Han China begins his reign and Wang Mang is re-instated as regent by Grand Empress Dowager Wang.
* Sapadbizes, Yuezhi prince and King of Kush ( Bactria), dies. Heraios succeeds him as king.
* The Kingdom of Aksum, centered in modern day Ethiopia and Eritrea, is founded (approximate date).
* Amanishakheto, Queen of Kush ( Nubia), dies. Her son, Natakamani, becomes King of Kush.
* Moxos ceases to be a significant religious area in South America (approximate date).
* The Teotihuacan culture in Mesoamerica begins (approximate date).
* The Maya practice sacrifice and mutilation.
*The Olmec 2 phase of the Olmec civilization begins; San Lorenzo and La Venta grow in population.*